The easiest way to ensure that your antenna is pointed correctly is to use Channel 29 (WUTV) as a “beacon”. WUTV’s tower is adjacent to ours on Grand Island but they are licensed for more power than WNED so their signal travels farther. This makes WUTV’s signal a perfect beacon to help aim your antenna toward WNED’s tower.
- Tune your TV to Channel 29 - WUTV
- Bring up the signal strength meter on your TV via the menu system
- Position your antenna for the highest signal strength reading on channel 29
- Check to see if WNED’s signal has improved
- If it worked, try not to move your antenna